Who Will Little Mac Pick?
Make Your Predictions Now!
- The List
- Mitt Romney - They say McCain hates him, but he knows lots of rich people and his nice guyness will offset Little Mac's dickheadedness.
- Tim Pawlenty, Minnesota Governor - A young, super-conservative up and comer. He'll appeal to the base. Friend of Dick Cheney.
- Condoleeza Rice - Says she doesn't want it, but would she say no? An obvious but crafty attempt to divide the black vote while attracting the bitter aging feminists who will be angry that Hillary lost. It could work. No campaign experience or political team hurts.
- Kay Bailey Hutchison, Texas Senator - Moderate conservative, splits the baby on being pro-life but against overturning Roe. Obvious appeal to women, but she's 65, so age may be a factor.
- Rudy Giuliani - Mr. 9/11 is just too weird, let's hope. Two dickheads on the ticket would be suicide.
- Mike Huckabee - Another Mr. Niceguy, the base also loves Mike, and will see him as a good successor for grooming for the top spot. Only 51, age is in his favor. A gifted public speaker, and he can appeal to conservative young voters.
- Lindsey Graham - South Carolina Senator - Nice Guy. Former Air Force lawyer and moderate Republican will appeal to crossover voters. At 50, still looks very young. Lifelong bachelorhood sparks gay rumors that could kill him as a national candidate.
- Fred Thompson - Too old. Yesterday's lunch.
- Jeb Bush - The good Bush. No chance. Too bad his brother is the worst President ever.
- Michael Steele - African American pundit for Fox and CNN. Former Lt. Governor of Maryland. Seems like a longshot.
- Newt Gingrich - Ah, Newt. Serial adulterer, promoter of name-calling political mudslinging, author of the Contract With America. If he gets the VP slot it really will be a ticket for the bridge to the 20th century. But he's a crafty and experienced pol, and he's uniquely shorter than Little Mac, and that might give him an edge.
Ouch! Women won't like this article at all.